Impact of Branding on Consumer Behaviour
Associate Professor, Department of Economics, National Defence Academy, Pune, India
Peer Review Report
Reviewer’s Comments to Authors
This analytical study on the impact of branding on consumer behaviour made an attempt to analyze the impacts and effects of branding on consumer behaviour and domestic industry. The study has been made with a view to analyze the factors affecting consumer behaviour, to analyze the impact of domestic industries with respect to foreign brands and to study the effect of brands on consumer buying behavior. Study based on the secondary sources of information.
- Objectives of the study not been studied/analyzed in the paper successively. Random of information has given instead of making particular analysis on the impacts of branding on the behaviour of the consumers and its effects on the domestic industry. So, it is strongly advised to the author should reframe the contents of the paper according to the requirement of the title.
- Abstract is not fulfilling its purpose. Abstract should cover the complete need of the study and more number of keywords can be given. So the readers of the article can get narrative view of the entire study.
- All the objectives are not successfully studied in the paper. Objectives of the study have to be properly fulfill its purpose.
- There is no information on the research methodology used for the study. Researcher should concentrate on this part and give the methodology of selecting this particular topic.
- There was no mention of the limitations of the study, one of which is the apparently high dropout rate. Also, mention how your results compare to (reference given to author) another study which was published very recently.
- Conclusion of the study is not a complete one. It will create diverse thinking about the entire study. The other readers of the paper can’t get the exact figure of result from the conclusion given in the paper. The author should write the conclusion based on the title, research findings.
- There is no information on data collection, period of study, techniques used for collecting the data, footnote and findings for the study. The author should focus on the above mentioned parts which are mainly needed for a research study.
- Too many information has given randomly which is not particularly meet out the need for the study. The author should eliminate some data which is not relevant to the study.
- Unnecessary wordings/contents should be removed.
- Non-frequency of the contents is there which are to be given more concentrate for valuable research study.
- For every reference there should be a footnote in the relevant pages.
- Researcher can be highlight the research gap and pave the way for future research (scope for future research).
Associate Editor’s Critique
The study has some strength where there was major weakness also. The very important needed information of the study like research methodology used, design of the study, limitations of the study, research gap and scope for future research are missing. There is clumsy of information available which are not even connected with the title of the paper. The author should include all the needed information for the study to strengthen the value of the paper.
Constructiveness of Comments
The review committee has given the constructive comments to the author /researcher.
Level of Detail of the Review
The review is fairly detailed, but the reviewer missed data inconsistence in the required field. There are major corrections to be taken place before the final review.
Substantiation of Comments
The reviewer made comments on the paper with references.
Was the Review Biased?
The study was reviewed under ‘nil’ biased basis.
Recommendation from the Reviewer
I recommend that, this paper be accepted after the above mentioned major revisions.