An Analysis of Backward Classes Movement in India
Research Scholar, Department of Political Science, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Professor, Department of Political Science, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Peer Review Report
Reviewer’s Comments to Authors
This research study on an analysis of backward classes’ movement in India made an attempt to highlight the BC movement in India and its effects in the Indian Economy. The study gives the detailed information on the beginning of backward classes’ movement in India, its causes on various societies of Indian economy and its end result.
- Abstract is not fulfilling its purpose. Abstract should cover the complete need of the study and more number of keywords can be given. So the readers of the article can get narrative view of the entire study.
- There is no information on data collection, period of study, techniques used for collecting the data, footnote and findings for the study. The author should focus on the above mentioned parts which are mainly needed for a research study.
- There is no information on the research methodology used for the study. Researcher should concentrate on this part and give the methodology of selecting this particular topic.
- There is no information on the review of related literatures. If this study is first hand study the researcher should produce valid proof or can include the reference details on the study.
- There was no mention of the limitations of the study, one of which is the apparently high dropout rate. Also, mention how your results compare to (reference given to author) another study which was published very recently.
- Very important part of any research study is objective. This paper is not framed with any objective it seems. There is no any objective of the study in any part of the paper. Without objective a research study will not be a complete one. So, the researcher has to add objectives of the study.
- Conclusion of the study is not a complete one. It will create diverse thinking about the entire study. The other readers of the paper can’t get the exact figure of result from the conclusion given in the paper. The author should write the conclusion based on the title, research findings.
- Non-frequency of the contents is there which are to be given more concentrate for valuable research study.
- Too many information has given randomly which is not particularly meet out the need for the study. The author should eliminate some data which is not relevant to the study.
- Researcher can be highlight the research gap and pave the way for future research (scope for future research).
- Unnecessary wordings should be avoided.
Associate Editor’s Critique
The study has some strength where there was major weakness also. The very important needed information of the study like objectives of the study, methodology used, reviews of literature and complete conclusion are missing. The author should include all the needed information for the study to strengthen the value of the paper.
Constructiveness of Comments
The review committee has given the constructive comments to the author /researcher.
Level of Detail of the Review
The review is fairly detailed, but the reviewer missed data inconsistence in the required field. There are major corrections to be taken place before the final review.
Substantiation of Comments
The reviewer made comments on the paper with references.
Was the Review Biased?
The study was reviewed under ‘nil’ biased basis.
Recommendation from the Reviewer
I recommend that, this paper be accepted after the above mentioned major revisions.