Historical Background in Thiruvannamalai District
A Ashok Kumar
Assistant Professor in Humanities, Sathya College of Arts and Science, Kilvisharam, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India
Peer Review Report
Reviewer’s Comments to Authors
Current historical study conducted with an aim to give the historical background of Thiruvannamalai District in detail. As this is a historical study the secondary sources of data collections were used. It summarizes the major areas of Thiruvannamail district’s origin.
- Abstract is not fulfilling its purpose. Abstract should cover the complete need of the study and more number of keywords can be given. So the readers of the article can get narrative view of the entire study.
- Very important part of any research study is objective. This paper is not framed with any objective it seems. There is no any objective of the study in any part of the paper. Without objective a research study will not be a complete one. So, the researcher has to add objectives of the study.
- There was no mention of the limitations of the study, one of which is the apparently high dropout rate. Also, mention how your results compare to (reference given to author) another study which was published very recently.
- There is no information on the research methodology used for the study. Researcher should concentrate on this part and give the methodology of selecting this particular topic
- There is no information on the review of related literatures. If this study is first hand study the researcher should produce valid proof or can include the reference details on the study.
- Conclusion of the study is missing. Where there was an introduction there should be a conclusion. The author should conclude the paper based on the study done by them.
- There is no information on data collection, period of study, techniques used for collecting the data, footnote and findings for the study. The author should focus on the above mentioned parts which are mainly needed for a research study.
- Lots of clumsy information available in the paper. The author should restructure the paper as per the requirement of a research article.
- Unnecessary wordings should be avoided.
- Too many information has given randomly which is not particularly meet out the need for the study. The author should eliminate some data which is not relevant to the study.
- Non-frequency of the contents is there which are to be given more concentrate for valuable research study.
- For every reference there should be a footnote in the relevant pages.
Associate Editor’s Critique
The study has some strength where there was major weakness also. The very important needed information of the study like objectives of the study, methodology used, reviews of literature and conclusion are missing. The author should include all the needed information for the study to strengthen the value of the paper.
Constructiveness of Comments
The review committee has given the constructive comments to the author /researcher.
Level of Detail of the Review
The review is fairly detailed, but the reviewer missed data inconsistence in the required field. There are major corrections to be taken place before the final review.
Substantiation of Comments
The reviewer made comments on the paper with references.
Was the Review Biased?
The study was reviewed under ‘nil’ biased basis.
Recommendation from the Reviewer
I recommend that, this paper be accepted after the above mentioned major revisions.